This just in this morning, from the council’s “spatial” planning department.
Undoubtedly, for anyone with any interest in the future of Croydon, as a resident or a business owner, this “framework” will be of avid interest.
But does it strike anyone else as slightly odd that such a notification email is sent out on a Saturday in the midst of a four-day Bank Holiday weekend? Was the council perhaps trying to sneak out this “consultation” announcement when as few people as possible might notice?
If you are on the same circulation list, we’d be interested to hear when you received your notification mail (email@example.com).
And of course, we would lile your views on the thinking and likely impact of the proposals.
Here’s the notification:
Dear Sir / Madam,
London Borough of Croydon’s Local Development Framework
Notice of Submission of Core Strategy Development Plan Document and Proposals Map
The Town and Country Planning (Local Development) (England) Regulations 2004, as amended The Town and Country Planning (Local Development) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2008 – Regulation 30
The Core Strategy and Proposals Map lie at the heart of the Council’s Local Development Framework and provides the spatial vision, strategic objectives and planning policies for the London Borough of Croydon up to 2031.
Following extensive consultation and two stages of Core Strategy Proposed Submission publication in September 2011 and January 2012 the Council has now agreed to submit the Core Strategy and Proposals Map to the Secretary of State for Examination in Public.
The Core Strategy Development Plan Document and Proposals Map were submitted to the Secretary of State on Monday 2 April 2012.
The Secretary of State will appoint an independent Planning Inspector to undertake an Examination in Public to determine whether the Core Strategy is ‘sound’ and appropriate for adoption. The dates for the Pre-Hearing Meeting (if required) and the Examination in Public hearings will be available on the Council’s website shortly (the website link is outlined below).
The Council has appointed a Programme Officer to deal with the procedural aspects of the Examination in Public. The contact details for the Programme Officer will be posted on the Council’s website shortly (the website link is outlined below).
The Core Strategy, Proposals Map and other supporting documents, including the Core Strategy evidence base, Sustainability Appraisal and Statement of Participation are available for inspection:
- At Taberner House (Access Croydon), Park Lane, Croydon (9am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday)
- At the borough’s libraries … (please note the location and opening hours of the borough’s libraries are available from the website http://www.croydon.gov.uk/leisure/libraries/croydonlibs/
- On the Council’s website: www.croydon.gov.uk/corestrategyexamination
- Paper copies and other alternative formats of the documents are available on request from LDF@croydon.gov.uk or call Spatial Planning on 020 8407 1385.
Furthermore, copies of representations made in accordance with Regulation 28 (The Town and Country Planning (Local Development) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2008) are also available for inspection by the means outlined above.
For enquiries or further information email LDF@croydon.gov.uk or call the Spatial Planning Team on 020 8407 1385.
David Carlisle MRTPI
Project Officer (Spatial planning service)
Planning and environment department
Planning and building control division
18th floor north east quadrant
Croydon CR9 1JT
Tel: 020 8726 6000 Ext: 62153
- Inside Croydon: brought to you from the heart of the borough, free of charge, an independent voice standing for freedom of speech for the people of Croydon
- Purley campaigners fear their pool is “under attack” (insidecroydon.com)
- Barratt Homes and Hilton sponsor Croydon Mayor’s dinner (insidecroydon.com)
- Croydon starts to gag councillors over planning bids (insidecroydon.com)