8/8 One Year On: As we approach the anniversary of the London riots, we will be publishing readers’ and contributors’ memories of that darkest of nights, their views and hopes for the future.
Some, though, including one regular reader from the south of the borough, believe that the anniversary could be seen as an excuse for copycat troublemakers
I and many other people believe that those riots are best left to history. To make something of the anniversary of the riots, I believe will be a reminder to the brain dead, and the “let’s go do it again” attitude will prevail.
It has already be in the national press that there could be a re-run of 8/8 during the Olympic Games, when the police will have more than enough to do. Therefore I feel that to make something of the anniversary of that awful day will just encourage it to happen again. I, and many like me feel that it is best left alone.
- Give peace a chance: World Peace Day, September 21
- What are your memories of Croydon 8/8? Email us at email@example.com
- It’s official: Croydon appoints shrink to be council spindoctor (insidecroydon.com)
- London Riots Will Happen Again (ibtimes.com)
- Croydon quizzed on hiring of security guards for Bashford (insidecroydon.com)