Gavin Barwell, MP for Croydon Central, is to attend a public meeting for residents living in the area around Lansdowne Road this Thursday, June 7, from 6pm.
The group recently launched its own website to help the community in the area between Park Lane and the main Croydon to Victoria railway line try to tackle anti-social behaviour and other concerns on their patch.
Tomorrow night’s meeting is being held at the Bedford Tavern at 16 Sydenham Road. Space is limited, so anyone wishing to attend is encouraged to arrive promptly.
“The idea is for Gavin to hear our views about the anti-social behaviour in our neighbourhood and in particular the problems emanating from Palmer House and the potential problems that will arise once the YMCA is completed in Dingwall Road,” one of the residents’ group told Inside Croydon.
Local police and representatives of the YMCA have also been invited to attend the meeting.
They are expected to discuss recent incidents in the area, and locals’ concerns about lack of a police presence and absence of effective CCTV.
Anyone intending to attend is asked to email email@example.com to let them plan for the numbers expected. People unable to attend but who would like a matter raised at the meeting can do so by explaining their concerns in an email to the same address.
- Inside Croydon: For comment and analysis about Croydon, from inside Croydon. Not from Redhill. Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use your loaf, Gav: Barwell’s “Let Them Eat Cake” moment (insidecroydon.com)
- Sshh! Barwell staging same-sex marriage meeting at Town Hall (insidecroydon.com)
- MP Barwell says he got it wrong over group’s racist incident (insidecroydon.com)
- Police called out for “racist” incident with Barwell’s work gang (insidecroydon.com)