Croydon’s Council Tax increase comes while record amounts are being spent in Taberner House on expensive consultants and staff in the communications department, the propaganda department which uses public money to deceive and publish half-truths and misinformation about the council’s activities.
In the benighted reign as CEO of Jon Rouse, the communications department’s mission was perverted from serving the people of Croydon into a Ministry of Truth function where the priority is to portray the council in the best possible light – or cover-up the latest balls-up.
So with an estimated £650,000 being spent in the current financial year on communications staff, it must be hugely gratifying to see the blunders in what Croydon Council publishes.
The council’s web team comes under the communications department, and probably ought to have ultimate editorial control over everything that appears on the website – though it may be that the material is posted by committee clerks office.
But the publication on the council’s official website ahead of the cabinet meeting of this document, with the track changes from last year’s version there for all to see, looks like a fourth former’s maths homework… So professional. #thatissocroydon
Wonder how long it will be before someone has to break into their weekend off to come into the office to correct this and post a “clean” copy?
- Inside Croydon: Zero increase in our subscription charges since 2010.
- Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lollipop patrols face the axe on danger roads in Croydon (standard.co.uk)
- Budget consultation condemned as just “meaningless jargon” (insidecroydon.com)
- Croydon Council Sham Consultation (croydoncommunists.wordpress.com)