The Croydon Ecology Centre at Heathfield House invites you to join them to celebrate the dedicated work of volunteers and professionals from conservation groups who have been caring for the wonderful woodlands and open spaces in and around the borough.
Wildlife, animal welfare and traditional arts and craft groups will also be represented.
Open from 11am to 5pm each day, admission is free.
Visitors will be shown the ecology area, beyond the walled garden, where sheep mow the grass instead of noisy mechanical mowers and where rare English apple varieties have been planted for posterity in the orchard.
Home-made soup & fresh bread rolls, jacket potatoes and traditional cream teas will be available from the Heathfield Pantry Café at very reasonable prices.
The event features:
- Nature conservation stands
- Craft stalls
- Animal welfare organisations
- Lunches and cream teas
- Organic jams, fudge and cordials
- Local honey
- Wildlife sanctuary and orchard walk
- Tree trail
Where is Heathfield?
Heathfield is at The Old Orchard, Heathfield, Coombe Lane, Croydon CR0 5RH
It is close to the centre of Croydon at the junction of Coombe Lane (A212), Ballards Way and Gravel Hill. The nearest tram stop is Coombe Lane, about five minutes’ easy walk from Heathfield. The tram connects with East and West Croydon train stations. Entrance for pedestrians and the disabled is in Ballards Way, near the red post box.
Disabled parking available in front of Heathfield House. Other car parking is available in our top car park in Riesco Drive, (1st left off Ballards Way on approach from A212) and on Ballards Way itself (parking fees or restrictions may apply, especially Monday-Saturday).
For further information: 07919 652 723 or 020 8 657 0954 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming to Croydon
- Three plays in a pub: The Ship, Sep 24
- Have a cup of coffee and help fight cancer: Sep 27
- Help break the chains of human trafficking: Sep 28
- Rent at the Secombe Theatre: Oct 9-12
- Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough – 262,183 page views (Jan-Jun 2013)
- Post your comments on this article below.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Riesco Collection at Croydon Museum (lineandwash.blogspot.com)