St James the Great primary school in Thornton Heath is staging an evening of multicultural entertainment, with food, music and dance, next Saturday, September 28, from 5pm to 11pm.
All proceeds from the evening go towards the school’s funds.
There will be live music from Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Greece , Israel, Hungary, France, Romania, Hungary, Croatia, Latvia, Brazil, Mexico, Africa, India, Turkey Russia… and England.
There will be a traditional Polish welcome with bread and salt, bread, lard and sour cucumber (The Editor writes: this is not as bad as it sounds). You will be able sampling of the best of Polish food-dumplings, sausages. There will be Polish homemade cakes and celebration cakes. Plus Polish beer and Zubrowka vodka.
You’ll be able to join in a guitar sing-along with Polish scouts, see the local Karolinka song and dance troupe, and hear a piano concert.
There will be face painters and a visit from Myszka Mickey.
St James the Great School is at Windsor Road, Thornton Heath, CR2 8HJ.
Coming to Croydon
- Three plays in a pub: The Ship, Sep 24
- Have a cup of coffee and help fight cancer: Sep 27
- Help break the chains of human trafficking: Sep 28
- Tea at Five at the Spread Eagle: Oct 2-4
- Minister’s musical celebration for Silver Sunday: Oct 6
- Rent at the Secombe Theatre: Oct 9-12
- Post your comments on this article below
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org