Looking at local history books and novels about the area, the talk will involve Jonathan Main, of Bookseller Crow, Audrey Hammond, local artist and illustrator of Crystal Palace—Norwood Heights, and the librarians will introduce the library’s local history collection.
The event will be social as well as educational, offering tea or coffee and cakes.
February 20: Victorian artists Henrietta Rae and Eleanor Fortescue Brickdale.
March 20: West Norwood Cemetery.
The events will be from 7.30 to 9.30pm, on the third Thursday of the month at Upper Norwood Library, 39-41 Westow Hill, Upper Norwood, SE19 1TJ.
Nearest train: Gipsy Hill & Crystal Palace. Buses: 3, 122, 157, 202, 227, 249, 322, 358, 363, 410, 417, 432, 450.
All are welcome. There is no charge but the organisers welcome donations toward refreshments. For more information about the Norwood Society, visit their website or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming to Croydon
- Surrey Street Christmas market, Dec 22
- Community Carol Service, ACA, Dec 22
- Shabden Park Farm Christmas market, Dec 23
- STDLCC Screening: Now You See Me, Dec 27
- STDLCC Screening: Kolya, Dec 30
- Steve Knightly at Stanley Halls: Feb 5
- Purley Swimathon: Feb 8 and 13
- Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough – 262,183 page views (Jan-Jun 2013)
- Post your comments on this article below.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Lanfranc is latest Croydon school in fear of academisation (insidecroydon.com)
- Library talk (tombrownbooks.wordpress.com)
- Photography // West Norwood Cemetery (jackrobsonphotoblog.wordpress.com)