One of the area’s leading golf courses is offering £84,000-worth of free rounds and sessions to local charities for use in fund-raising activities.
Farleigh Golf Club has established a social responsibility scheme which offers to donate use of their facilities, as prizes in a raffle or to be auctioned off to the highest bidder. In total, they have budgeted to give away £84,000 for charitable use.
The golf prize options from Farleigh are a one-hour simulator session – usually worth £50, in which golfers can “play” some of the world’s top courses while working on improving their swing – or complimentary four-ball rounds at the course – a good test for low-handicappers and the average hacker, normal value £160.
Farleigh offers three nine-hole courses for its regular golfers to play in a variety of testing combinations. Since 2010, nearly £3 million has been invested on the 350-acre estate in upgrading the courses and clubhouse and recruiting and training staff. The improvements have worked to such an extent that during floods in the area in January and February this year, Farleigh members never lost a single day’s play as the course remained playable throughout.
Charities and voluntary groups who want to take advantage of Farleigh’s fund-raising offer are encouraged to contact the club to bid for one of the prizes to be used for their worthy cause. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming to Croydon
- David Lean Cinema: The Wind Rises, Aug 14
- Mind-Loosing Workshop, Aug 16
- David Lean Cinema: The Love Punch, Aug 16
- Cinema Ruskin film show, Aug 16
- RAF Kenley Battle of Britain fly-past, Aug 17
- Mythical Maze stories, Crystal Palace Maze, Aug 20
- David Lean Cinema: Stop The Pounding Heart, Aug 21
- Mythical Maze stories, Crystal Palace Maze, Aug 27
- David Lean Cinema: Frank, Aug 28
- Upper Norwood Library well-being groups, Aug 30
- Warlingham rugby dinner with international Richard Hill, Sep 12
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Cinema Ruskin film show, Sep 20
- Streatham Common 6M race, Sep 27
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Cinema Ruskin film show, Oct 18
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 407,847 page views (Jan-Jun 2014) If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com