Inside Croydon, together with the Spread Eagle Theatre on Croydon High Street, are delighted to present another terrific offer for our loyal reader.
To mark the start of the theatre’s autumn season of productions, which open next Tuesday with Tell Me About Your Ex, Inside Croydon is offering two pairs of tickets for the performance at 7.30pm on Wednesday, September 10 – each prize is worth £20.
Tell Me About Your Ex is an exciting, brand new theatrical experience where the audience is the author. Funny, scary, sad and uplifting, this is a play for everyone who has been in love – or still is. Tickets are still available for all performances, from Tuesday September 9 to Saturday September 13, priced at £10 each. Book online here.
Tell Me About Your Ex is from the Old Joint Stock Theatre, and is made up entirely of stories from you! The producers ask the public to send them tales from their past relationships, and they will be presenting them on stage through song, theatre and storytelling.
The best submissions will come together to form our play. What’s more, each night’s audience will be invited to fill in their own cards. These new stories will feed into the show during the production week, so it will be a different show every night.
An Old Joint Stock Theatre production, developed by Birmingham-based writer Tim Jefferies and directed by Robert Ball.
Less than 12 months since the theatre opened, the Spread Eagle’s 2014 autumn season is the biggest and most eclectic yet, with 10 varied productions being staged through until December. A full listing of all the shows and booking details can be found here. Tickets for each performance are just £10 each.
To win a pair of tickets for Tell Me About Your Ex next Wednesday, all our loyal reader has to do is answer this simple question…
What was the name of the sixth and last “ex-” of Henry VIII?
- Answers by email, only, please to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Spread Eagle competition” in the subject field, and to be received before the closing date of noon next Monday, September 8.
Please include your name, address and a daytime contact number with your answer. And, of course, you and a guest of your choice need to be available to attend the performance in central Croydon on September 10. Our usual competition terms and conditions apply, no alternative and no cash equivalents can be offered in exchange for the prize.
- Exclusive readers’ offer: a free glass of wine for diners at Albert’s Table
- Special readers’ offer: 25% off meals at PizzaExpress Purley
Coming to Croydon
- Thornton Heath Festival, Sep 7
- Stop the Incinerator Quiz Night, Sep 8
- Tell Me About Your Ex, Spread Eagle Theatre, Sep 9-13
- David Lean Cinema: Camille Claudel, Sep 11
- Warlingham rugby dinner with international Richard Hill, Sep 12
- Soul Symphony Community Choir sessions, Sep 16-Dec 23
- Police question time, LNK at Centrale, Sep 17
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- David Lean Cinema: Chef, Sep 18
- The Complete History of the BBC – Abridged, Spread Eagle, Sep 19-20
- Cinema Ruskin film show, Sep 20
- South Croydon business breakfast, Sep 20
- Open House London weekend, Sep 20-21
- David Lean Cinema: A Night At The Cinema in 1914, Sep 22
- Activity to Work back-to-work workshops, Sep 23
- David Lean Cinema: Jimmy’s Hall, Sep 25
- Streatham Common 6M race, Sep 27
- Fancy dress family funday, Sep 28
- Tree Sides, Spread Eagle Theatre, Oct 2-4
- The Goon Show, Spread Eagle Theatre, Oct 8-11
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Cinema Ruskin film show, Oct 18
- South Croydon business breakfast, Oct 18
- This Was The World and I Was King, Spread Eagle, Oct 23-25
- Albert Einstein – Relativity Speaking, Spread Eagle, Nov 12-15
- South Croydon business breakfast, Nov 15
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
- Choose Your Own Documentary, Spread Eagle Theatre, Nov 21-22
- The Last Sense of Sudden, Spread Eagle Theatre, Nov 27-29
- Ghost Stories for Christmas, Spread Eagle Theatre, Dec 3
- Fog Horn Funnies, Spread Eagle Theatre, Dec 6
- South Croydon business breakfast, Dec 13
- South Croydon business breakfast, Jan 24
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 407,847 page views (Jan-Jun 2014) If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com