Studio Upstairs is launching its South London Studio in Park Street, Croydon, on May 10.
Studio Upstairs is an arts and well-being charity which has been working in London for more than 25 years. It aims to provide holistic support to adults who are experiencing enduring mental or emotional difficulties. The charity offers access to artist studios and a therapeutic community for improved well-being.
Studio Upstairs has studios in east London and Bristol and this launch sees the beginning of our new studio as part of our overall aim to create a network of safe and local studios for those who need them.
Attending the official opening will be Luciana Berger MP, the shadow cabinet’s spokesperson for mental health.
On the night there will also be
– An art exhibition by current members of Studio Upstairs
– A live performance by Studio Upstairs’ performance Group
– Acoustic performance by Key Changes
“We hope you can join us for an evening of art and networking,” say the organisers. “Please bring along a pre-loved art book as a warming gift to start our library.”
The event runs from 6pm to 8.30pm at 2-4 Park Street, CR0 1YE
- Still Croydon’s only independent news source, and based in the heart of the borough: 1.97 million page views 2013-2015
- Inside Croydon: Named among best regional media campaigns, 2014
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org