Croydon Council’s public health team has worked with the Croydon One Alliance, of the council and health bodies, to run a full programme of events for Dementia Action Week, starting tomorrow.
Among the highlights are a dementia awareness day tomorrow, May 18, in the Braithwaite Hall from 10am till 4pm, providing a drop-in session to talk to professionals in the field and listen to seminar sessions. Also tomorrow, there is singing for the brain from 11.30am to 12 noon and from 12.30pm to 1pm in Centrale near Debenhams, where there will also be an information stall.
Next Tuesday (May 22) and Wednesday (May 23) sees the opportunity to bring back some old memories as the Croydon Clocktower’s Activities Space hosts films of Croydon from 1911 to the 1980s. Tickets need to be booked for the sessions: click here to do so.
Wednesday also sees a Tea Dance for Dementia Action Week in the Braithwaite Hall from 1pm to 4pm. Admission is free but reservations should be made via the council’s public health team. Donations to the Alzheimer’s Society will be welcome. There will be a ‘Party up my zimmer’ stand, hand massage and tea, coffee and biscuits.
- You can help to support independent, investigative, community journalism in Croydon, and for just £1 per week. Click here to become part of Inside Croydon ‘s growing team of supporters
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org