Fancy a chip supper, the opportunity to solve a murder and a knees-up, Victorian style? Join the Downsview Players this autumn for murder, mystery and a good ol’ fashioned singalong.
In a back-street tavern in south London, a rowdy music hall company is performing their nightly show. There is singing, dancing, comedy, magic and mind-reading… and, in the midst of it all, a murder! The finger is pointed at one of the company, but which one?
For two Saturday nights this autumn, The Downsview Players will be performing this original, interactive, light-hearted whodunnit. You will get a chance to quiz the subjects, examine the evidence and debate with the detectives – and have a good old-fashioned singalong as well!
Murder at the Music Hall – The Case of the Drunken Duck, by Amanda Perry, is being performed at Downsview Methodist Church Hall in Upper Norwood on Saturday September 29 and Saturday October 6. Doors open at 7.30pm and a chip supper will be served from 7.45pm, before the entertainment begins.
Tickets are a bargain at £12, including your food (choice of fish, chicken or veggie burger). Visit: www.downsviewplayers.co.uk/box-office or call 020 8405 6134.
Any remaining tickets – without food – may be available at the door (£8 each).
Bustles and deerstalkers are entirely optional!
And save the date: The Downsview Players will also be performing their autumn play, The Memory of Water, on November 22, 23 and 24. More details to be announced soon.
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com