The Croydon BME Forum and the counseling charity, Off The Record, are staging a workshop for faith leaders and volunteers next week to improve awareness and coping with mental health wellbeing.
The workshop, being held at Trinity Court in the Whitgift Centre on Thursday, October 11, will deal the topic of stress.
The workshop will be delivered by staff from South London and Maudsley (SLaM) NHS Trust’s Outreach and Support South London (OASIS) team, based in Croydon.
Attendees will be provided with the basics to:
• Increase knowledge of emotional wellbeing and stress.
• Develop greater understanding of stress, its causes and how to identify potential issues.
• Recognition of mental health, triggers, physical effects of stress on one’s personal health.
• How to improve our mental health.
• Personal resilience, stress awareness and thinking patterns.
• Better support others who are experiencing negative mental health as a result of stress.
The workshop is suitable for anyone who wishes to enhance their experience serving as a faith group volunteer, worker or leader. The practical skills developed through the workshop will support participants to engage more positively with daily life, increase their ability to both identify the metal health needs of their members and others around them while feeling confident to offer the appropriate support.
Through the support of the Croydon CCG, SLaM and the First Floor Space, this workshop free of cost to all participants.
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for twoaward-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com