Local coach operator Clarkes of London is celebrating 60 years on the road this year and to mark the occasion, the company has wrapped a coach in special livery featuring its 60th anniversary crest (pictured right).
Clarkes started out in business in 1958 from a site in Penge, later moving to its present HQ in Sydenham, at Kangley Bridge Road.
Originally a family business, Clarkes has focused on providing reliable transport for the local community at exceptional value. Today the company operates a fleet of more than 50 vehicles, ranging from 19-seater through to top-of-range VIP 53-seater coaches. It has won prestigious industry awards including the Route One UK Large Coach Operator of the Year award four times, and was recently recognised by the British Safety Council with the prestigious Sword of Honour safety award.
Clarkes of London became part of the National Express Group when it was purchased by Kings Ferry in 2016. This transition has strengthened the company’s operations and both continually strive for “excellence as standard”.
“Clarkes of London has established an enviable reputation for providing the very best in coach transport, backed by exceptional organisational and logistical skills,” Ian Fraser, the operator’s managing director, said.
“The combination of top-spec vehicles, expert drivers, reliable planning and uncompromised safety has made Clarkes of London the first choice for many world leaders, celebrities, Premiership football clubs and blue chip companies.
“This success has grown due to the hard work of every member of our team – from coach drivers and operational staff through to sales advisors and technicians. This culture of excellence has been there from the beginning and we are dedicated to keeping it alive for the next 60 years.”
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com