Sutton for Peace and Justice in association with Veterans For Peace UK are staging a public meeting:
NEVER AGAIN? 1918 to 2018, 100 years of war
on Wednesday October 31, 7.30pm (doors open at 7pm)
Sutton Quaker Meeting House, Cedar Road, Sutton, SM2 5DA
November 11 will be the 100th anniversary of the 1918 Armistice, when the slogan “Never again” was a common rally cry – never again should the world see the suffering wrought by the “War to end all wars”.
Yet a century later people continue to be killed in military conflict across the world.
This meeting will look at the military interventions of the UK since the World War I and explore the possibility for a non-aggressive defence policy in the 21st century.
Come and hear from our speakers and take part in the debate as we seek to honour the true sentiment of Remembrance Day – Never Again.
Ben Griffin – former member of the SAS and National Coordinator of Veterans For Peace UK, and
Phillip Clarke – former member of the Intelligence Corps and Chair of Veterans For Peace UK.
There is no entry charge. Donations will be taken.
Please confirm your attendance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by text message to 07740 594496.
Veterans For Peace UK is a voluntary, open and democratic organisation of men and women who have served in the armed forces – from WWII to Afghanistan. Veterans For Peace UK believes that “War is not the solution to the problems we face in the 21st century”.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source. Still here, after eight years, based in the heart of Croydon
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com