Croydon Male Voice Choir takes the stage this Saturday alongside a women’s choir from Essex, the Swift Singers from South Woodham Ferrers. The concert is at Shirley Methodist Church, on June 8, starting at 7.30pm.
CMVC holds joint concerts with the Swift Singers every two years, at venues alternating between Croydon and South Woodham Ferrers.
The Swifts describe themselves as a “fun-loving ladies choir” and that certainly comes across in their glitzy costumes and exuberant singing.
Both choirs have around 70 members. Each will present their own sets of songs and will come together for a full-on choral duet at the end.
The CMVC repertoire ranges from Soldier’s Chorus to the Presley number You Were Always on My Mind. The Swifts feature several show-biz and musical numbers such as Lullaby of Broadway and Let’s Face the Music.
The final joint numbers on Saturday will be the classic Welsh hymn Gwahoddiad and a mix of I Believe and Ave Maria.
“It promises to be a terrific evening,” Kim Ormond, the CMVC chair, said.
Entrance to the concert costs just £10 and tickets are available on the door.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org