Join Inside Croydon for a night of stars – with a special viewing evening arranged by our friends at the Croydon Astronomical Society, who will give our loyal reader a personal introduction to astronomy at Kenley Observatory, which this year celebrates its 40th anniversary.
Sep 17 UPDATE: This event is now fully booked. Anyone who submits an application to attend this event after today can only be accepted for our waiting list, in case others have to withdraw their bookings. Sorry – given the event’s popularity, we may try to organise another visit in the future.
We had hoped to do a group visit to the Kenley Observatory earlier in the year, but were beaten by the weather. Our re-aligned star-gazing evening will be on Thursday, October 10.
Those who booked previously have already been contacted to offer them a place this time around, and Inside Croydon Patrons have also been given priority booking. Click here to find out how you can benefit from a range of special offers while supporting local journalism in Croydon.
There are a very limited number of spaces left, and they are now on offer to you.
Similar terms and conditions apply to when we tried to stage the event earlier this year. Hopefully with better luck this time, and some clear skies, this is a terrific opportunity to gaze up into the autumn sky, with little light pollution to spoil the view.
The Observatory website lists the protocol about visiting. The Observatory is dark and cold so the notes are worth reading.
The cost of attending our evening at Kenley Observatory is a far-from-astronomical £3 per adult (over-18s; under-16s, accompanied by an adult, go free), which all goes as a donation to the Croydon Astronomical Society, a registered educational charity which receives no funding from any public body.
Children are welcome, but each child under-16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Remember – there are only a few spaces remaining, so book quickly if you want to secure your place(s). And because there’s just a handful of places left, no more than two places per applicant, please.
To register your name (and anyone who might accompany you) for the Inside Croydon Observatory visit on October 10, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words “Observatory Oct 10” in the subject field, and include your name and daytime contact number in the body of the email.
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com