NHS key workers will be getting a special pizza delivery in time for Easter, thanks to a fund-raiser carried out among pupils, staff and parents at Trinity School.
Trinity is always looking for ways to support the local community.
In the space of just a few days, an appeal for donations to a fund for Croydon University Hospital raised almost £2,000 – enough for 110 large, freshly cooked pizzas, “to thank them for working so tirelessly to take care of us”, according to one member of school staff.
The pizzas were delivered just before the end of term, to be shared among the 4,000 staff who have been working tirelessly for more than a year now to treat patients suffering from coronavirus, while trying to maintain all the hospital’s other functions and treatments at the same time.
Another pizza delivery is also being made by Trinity to the Princess Royal University Hospital in Locksbottom, Bromley.
- Help support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking journalism, and get money-off offers, exclusive content and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named the country’s rottenest borough in 2020 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine – the fourth successive year that Inside Croydon has been the source for such award-winning nominations
- Inside Croydon: 3million page views in 2020. Seen by 1.4million unique visitors
- Content on this site is also licensed via Ping! News. To access content for copying in full or in part, please visit https://pingnews.uk/