For a limited period, while (very limited) stocks last, any reader who takes makes an annual subscription payment to Inside Croydon can claim a free copy of Usain Bolt: The story of the world’s fastest man, written by Steven Downes.
No longer available in shops or even online, the book charts the meteoric rise of one of the greatest characters in sporting history, the fastest man the world has ever seen, leading to his date with destiny at the 2012 London Olympics.
Meticulously researched by the award-winning author, including interviews with one of the greatest athletes of all time, the book follows the career of the Jamaican gold medal-winner from his earliest international races when a teenager and a junior through to the night of his breathtakingly quick 9.58sec 100 metres world record set in Berlin.
For all new subscribers, and any monthly subscribers who upgrade, this free gift will come signed* – though by the author, not the book’s subject.
Once you have taken out a year’s subscription or upgraded to a year’s subscription, and you wish to claim your free copy of the book, email firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Bolt Book” in the subject header, and provide your postal address and we’ll get a copy off in the post to you as soon as possible.
But hurry – it’s first-come, first-served, and there’s only a limited number of the books available.
- You can support Inside Croydon’s news-breaking independent local journalism by signing up today as a subscriber. Discover more by clicking here
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named the country’s rottenest borough in 2020 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine – the fourth successive year that Inside Croydon has been the source for such award-winning nominations
- Inside Croydon: 3million page views in 2020. Seen by 1.4million unique visitors