Janet Janes, a team leader at a care home in Purley has made it to the final stage in the “Lifetime Achievement in Care” category in this year’s Caring UK Awards.
Janes began her career in 1989, after becoming a carer for both her father and mother-in-law who lived with dementia and Alzheimer’s, respectively. She joined Care UK’s Amberley Lodge on Downlands Road in 1999 after the then home manager personally asked her to be part of the team since she had gained such a fantastic reputation within the region for her work.
In 2000, Janes was one of the first to take part in an accredited Alzheimer’s training course and she takes a lead role in implementing the gold atandard framework for end-of-life care at Amberley Lodge. This ensures new team members have the knowledge and confidence to understand how best to support residents and their families.
“The best way I can describe Janet is she goes above and beyond her duties with kindness, and a smile on her face, because she takes pride and enjoyment in the duties she performs,” according to the relative of one of the elderly residents at Amberley Lodge.
Azalea Moses, home manager at Amberley Lodge, said that she and the staff are “thrilled” at Janes’s shortlisting. “Being shortlisted is testament to Janet’s hard work and her commitment to providing an outstanding service throughout her career to ensure every resident who comes into her care leads a happy and fulfilling life.
“It is truly inspiring to observe her interactions between the residents and their relatives and I’m thrilled she is being recognised for the difference she makes each day to the residents.
“I’d like to thank Janet for her fantastic service to the care sector, which I know is greatly appreciated by both residents and relatives.”
The awards will take place on December 1.
Amberley Lodge has been designed to deliver the very best standards of care and to enable residents to live active and fulfilled lives. The home provides residential, nursing and specialist dementia care, as well as respite, and end of life care.
To find out more about Amberley Lodge, please call please call 0208 688 0999 or visit careuk.com/amberley-lodge
- Inside Croydon has been delivering local community news since 2010. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period