The tens of thousands of Croydon commuters who travel in to London for work each day via London Bridge or Charing Cross will have got a bit of a shock as they neared their destination this morning.
The latest stage of redevelopment at London Bridge took a massive step forward at the weekend, with the installation of a massive new rail bridge for the Thameslink services.
The ever-insightful Londonist blog has pictures from the weekend engineering works, with a full explanation of the hoped-for improvements in commuter journeys.
- Croydon Mayor learns of rail improvements on ride to Brighton (croydonguardian.co.uk)
- Transformation of London Bridge Announced (networkrailmediacentre.co.uk)
- Old London Bridge, Keats and Guy’s Hospital (londonhistorians.wordpress.com)
- Cross-party criticism of Menta’s mental 53-storey plan (insidecroydon.wordpress.com)
- Croydon hit hardest by Boris Johnsons fare rises (labourmatters.com)