We reproduce here some of the key pages from the deed, drawn up in March this year, which Croydon Council has presented to developers Stanhope, demonstrating the greedy grab for the £3 million grant that had been promised to provide a new Warehouse Theatre.
Note the date, March 29: this document was being drawn up when Croydon was preparing to cut the ground from under the Warehouse’s feet by axing its promised £30,000 grant.
- Inside Croydon: For comment and analysis about Croydon, from inside Croydon
- Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Warehouse Theatre closes, thanks to comedians on council (insidecroydon.com)
- Fears for Warehouse Theatre as it faces administration (insidecroydon.com)
- Croydon Council and the cuts: playing a numbers game (insidecroydon.com)
- Bashford suspected of greedy grab for Stanhope’s £3.5m (insidecroydon.com)