Channel 4’s Political Slot last Sunday used a brief film by Croydon North MP Steve Reed on the neglect that has been suffered by the real victims of the 8/8 riots in 2011: the people that lost their homes, their businesses and their livelihoods, and for whom the promises of the politicians who are in charge at Croydon Town Hall, City Hall and Westminster have proved to be utterly false and empty.
As Croydon Council squanders riot recovery funds on traffic islands in Tory-held wards and to pay for expensive PR consultants, this video is recommended viewing – Inside Croydon‘s loyal reader will recognise the stories told, because we have covered the plights of the riot victims since August 9 2011.
- Croydon’s missing leaders from 8/8 turn up for the Prince
- Croydon 8/8: “Go to Job Centre” devastated traders told
- Few takers for Croydon’s £1.1m post-riots rates scheme
- Boris says he’s using riots funding to cover-up police cuts
- Inside Croydon: For comment and analysis about Croydon, from inside Croydon – 142,300 unique page views, Nov 2012-Jan 2013
- Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com