The children at Park Hill Junior School need your help.
Park Hill’s dancers, with a polished Bollywood-style routine, have been short-listed from schools across London to take part in the opening ceremony for this year’s London Youth Games, being staged at Crystal Palace National Sports Centre on July 4.
The London Youth Games is Europe’s largest annual youth sports event, in which all the boroughs across London compete.
The school taking part in the opening ceremony is chosen by public vote, and with less than 24 hours until the voting closes, the Croydon primary is in second place in the ratings, behind a school from… yes… Lambeth.
So, if you’d rather a group of Croydon school children take centre stage at the London Youth Games, then you had best cast an online vote straight away.
Just click on this link to the Facebook page and follow the directions.
Once on the voting page look under pinned posts for CROYDON-PARKHILL and click the round button.
- Inside Croydon: For comment and analysis about Croydon, from inside Croydon
- Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- ‘They’re flogging our cultural gems’ (standard.co.uk)
- Teen stabbed on double-decker bus in Croydon (london24.com)
- Riot victims ‘still to be paid’ (bbc.co.uk)