Looking for some family-friendly entertainment? There’s a show coming to Croydon next month from the Edinburgh Fringe which offers no profanity, lewd humour or exposed ankles.
Morgan and West describe themselves as “Victorian magicians”, and they will be playing the Arnhem Gallery at Fairfield Halls on September 14, as part of a UK tour.
The winners of ITV’s Pen and Teller: Fool Us competition in 2011, it says here that, “Morgan and West bring a magical extravaganza to a millennium near you… No future is left unseen, nor timeline left unaltered!
“See the plucky prestidigitators present dazzling deceptions, unparalleled precognitive powers and a totally genuine ability to travel through time.”
The promoters assure us that the act is nothing like what is seen on a daily basis at Croydon Town Hall, where another bunch of comedians manage to make millions of pounds of Council Tax disappear without anything appearing in its place.
Instead, Morgan and West will demonstrate classic card tricks and mind-reading, to a daring escape as these tip-top chaps charm and trick their way through time – with many a jaw-dropping sleight of hand in between.
Tickets cost £15 and can be booked at http://www.fairfield.co.uk/
- Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough – 262,183 page views (Jan-Jun 2013)
- Post your comments on this article below.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should museums ever sell off their prize pieces? (telegraph.co.uk)
- Riesco objections: Croydon Council’s squandering our heritage (insidecroydon.com)
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival’s funniest jokes revealed: See the top 10 one-liners (mirror.co.uk)