Silver Sunday is coming to Croydon Minster.
The concert takes inspiration from Space for Peace, an annual event which takes place at Winchester Cathedral on Holocaust Memorial Day, which embraces singers from all faiths.
Featuring chants and songs celebrating peace, wisdom and experience, the concert includes original material arranged and conducted by the Reverend Professor June Boyce-Tillman MBE. “Artists and dancers add their responses to the sounds in this beautiful space, creating a uniquely collaborative and uplifting experience for all,” the organisers say.
“We are delighted to bring this celebration to the communities of Croydon,” Boyce-Tillman said.
With different choirs and performers around the Minster for much of the event, the audience can wander among the different groups or just sit and enjoy the songs and atmosphere. The final closing anthem will be a massed harmony rendition of the Age UK Song for London: I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing.
“Our lives are shaped by the actions and sacrifices of those who are older than us. This is an unusual creative chance to reflect on and celebrate our memories and appreciations of the older people in our lives, in our community, in our hearts,” said Catherine Pestano, Croydon’s local coordinator.
The event, which takes place during Older People’s Week, will raise funds for Age UK Croydon and is supported by Croydon Council.
Tickets cost £10, and concessions are available.
- Available from: https://spaceforexperience.eventbrite.co.uk/
- For more information please contact: Catherine@naturalvoice.net
Coming to Croydon
- Green Heritage Fair at Heathfield House: Sep 21-22
- Three plays in a pub: The Ship, Sep 24
- Have a cup of coffee and help fight cancer: Sep 27
- Help break the chains of human trafficking: Sep 28
- Rent at the Secombe Theatre: Oct 9-12
- Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough – 262,183 page views (Jan-Jun 2013)
- Post your comments on this article below.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Coulsdon residents complain over dangers of CURV scheme (insidecroydon.com)
- Riesco Collection at Croydon Museum (lineandwash.blogspot.com)