Inside Croydon’s loyal reader, Ken Towl, is the winner of the site’s latest free-to-enter competition.
Towl got the correct answer to our question (Katharine Hepburn was the subject of the first play at the new venue on Katharine Street), and our Polish cleaning lady pulled his name from a hat stuffed full with hundreds of other correct entries.
Towl wins a pair of tickets to the opening night performance of The Twelve Dates of Christmas at the Spread Eagle pub theatre this Tuesday.
Thanks to the help of producers at the Fairfield Halls and Spread Eagle, in the past fortnight Inside Croydon has given its readers hundreds of pounds-worth of free theatre tickets – and all around the time that the site received our one millionth visitor. See our preview of The Twelve Dates of Christmas here.
Performances are from Tuesday November 26 to Friday November 29, at 7.30pm at the pub theatre on Katharine Street, Croydon, CR1 0NX.
Coming to Croydon
- Much Ado About Nothing: Nov 25
- Sex in the Cronx, Nov 26-29
- Future Tech City: Nov 30
- Follow in the footsteps of Pirie: Dec 1
- Comedy in Music show: Dec 1
- Heathfield House Christmas Bazaar: Dec 1
- The Lives of Stanley Halls community entertainment: Dec 4
- Cinema Ruskin: Dec 21
- Steve Knightly at Stanley Halls: Feb 5
- Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough – 262,183 page views (Jan-Jun 2013)
- Post your comments on this article below.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Met Police figures show muggings in Croydon up by 12% (insidecroydon.com)
- Property giants have a £1bn vision for the regeneration of Croydon (theguardian.com)