The Christmas festivities and creative enterprise have been combined in Crystal Palace with the launch of a pop-up Christmas shop on Belvedere Road showcasing the best of local businesses, artists and traders.
Organised by Samantha Perry and the Crystal Palace Chamber of Commerce, this is the first venture of its kind in the area.
The shop is open from Thursday to Sunday every week until Christmas.
“The idea was borne through considering how we could harness the eclectic nature of Crystal Palace to make use of empty units around the Triangle,” Samantha Perry said.
“We wanted to provide an outlet for Crystal Palace crafts people and online traders that rely on word of mouth and direct sales.
“Rather than peering into an empty window we want to entice people into our Christmas grotto stacked with uniquely sourced and created potential Christmas gifts.”
Among the traders whose goods will be on sale in the pop-up shop are Knitted World’s Julie Rumlerova, Magpie & Hen, who find vintage toys, Stripey Pipey who create lovely children’s prints, Bo Nordica with their range of Nordic furniture and decorative ware, Michaela Simova’s handmade chocolate, Ems Jane, a furniture and jewellery maker and Perry’s Lil’ Beans, which sources beautiful children’s clothes from funky small-scale designers from around the world, including Sweden, the United States and of course Crystal Palace.
“The response to this pilot project from the Crystal Palace community has been phenomenal and we have been overwhelmed by the number of people who would like to be involved,” said Lewis Kite a board member of the Crystal Palace Chamber of Commerce.
“We are exploring additional premises for further pop up shops in Crystal Palace and would welcome approaches from any landlords that might have suitable vacant property.”
Coming to Croydon
- Future Tech City: Nov 30
- Follow in the footsteps of Pirie: Dec 1
- Comedy in Music show: Dec 1
- Heathfield House Christmas Bazaar: Dec 1
- Croydon charity roller derby: Dec 1
- The Lives of Stanley Halls community entertainment: Dec 4
- Riot from Wrong screening: Dec 5
- CP Mums’ Winter Wonderland: Dec 6
- Cinema Ruskin: Dec 21
- Steve Knightly at Stanley Halls: Feb 5
- Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough – 262,183 page views (Jan-Jun 2013)
- Post your comments on this article below.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org