As any listener to The Archers would know, it’s national Open Farm Sunday this weekend, June 8, and south of Coulsdon, Shabden Park Farm and the Back to Nature Farm Shop, just off Chipstead High Road, will be open to visitors from 10am until 4pm.
Farmer Mark will be shearing the ewes and working his sheepdogs, and this spring’s calves and lambs will be on display.
Kirstie will tell how the farm has restored the chalk downland and worked sustainably for both wildlife and food production, offering a tractor and trailer tour of the farm.
Croydon Beekeepers will have their observational beehive, and Butterfly Conservation will be here to tell you about moths as well as butterflies.
Producers from Shabden Farmers’ Market will be coming and some will have ready-to-eat food, which you can enjoy in the picnic area. The farm will be cooking our lamb and beef burgers and refreshments will be available.
The Farm Shop will be open all day and Martyn has prepared all his award-winning sausages, plus some speciality cuts, as well as a wide range of chicken, lamb, pork and beef.
Coming to Croydon
- Croydon Tech City “summit”, June 6
- An Improvised Murder, Spread Eagle Theatre, June 7
- Old Town residents’ meeting, June 7
- Crystal Palace Transition Town annual meeting, June 11
- Old Town residents’ meeting, June 11
- Lakes Playground Action Group fun day, June 14
- Croydon Green Fair, North End, June 14
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, June 15
- Norwood Society Talk: The Concrete Church, June 19
- Airport House swing dance free event, June 21
- Classic Car Show at Purley Rotary Fields, June 22
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival, June 26-29
- Warnings to the Curious, Spread Eagle Theatre, June 27
- South Norwood Allotments open day, June 28
- Fragile, Spread Eagle Theatre, July 24-26
- CODA’s Midsummer Night’s Dream at Wandle Park, Jul 30-Aug 2
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, Aug 10
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 72,342 average monthly page views (Jan-Mar 2014)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org