Coast to Capital is offering grants to Croydon businesses that can be worth up to £250,000, and is staging a session to advise local entrepreneurs how they can access this money at Croydon Park Hotel on July 4.
Coast to Capital is the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) for the region that runs up the A23 corridor, from Brighton via Gatwick to Croydon.
Formed in 2011, Coast to Capital aims to deliver growth for one of Britain’s most economically important areas which includes the airport economy surrounding Gatwick.
“Our focus is on those areas where we can stimulate growth and add the most value, working with the private and public sectors,” Coast to Capital says. “Through our strong pursuit of trade opportunities, we want to retain our best talent and attract more of the world’s best minds to come here. Coast to Capital is led by the business community and supported by our region’s local authorities, businesses and academic institutions.
“As a significant partnership between regional, political and business leadership, our role is to help re-balance the economy and to promote private sector growth.”
The Croydon clinic is intended to inform businesses about their business growth grants and offer assistance to firms with their applications.
Business growth grants are available to any business in the Coast to Capital region who want to increase turnover and profits, but need additional finance. Grants are available from £5,000 to £250,000; it is expected that the grant will form no more than 25per cent of the total costs of the growth plans. Companies that are awarded a grant are expected to create new jobs as a result of increased business.
During the clinic session development advisors will be available to provide expert advice on growth plans and help businesses with making a successful grant application.
It is advisable that businesses wishing to attend book a slot in advance, however there will also be a drop-in clinic between 10.00am and 3.00pm.
- To book a slot or find out more information about the scheme please contact the Business Growth Grant Programme manager, Hayley Shepherd on 01403 333840 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming to Croydon
- Crystal Palace Transition Town annual meeting, June 11
- Old Town residents’ meeting, June 11
- David Lean Cinema: Under The Skin, June 12
- Lakes Playground Action Group fun day, June 14
- Croydon Green Fair, North End, June 14
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, June 15
- Norwood Society Talk: The Concrete Church, June 19
- David Lean Cinema: Suzanne, June 19
- Airport House swing dance free event, June 21
- Classic Car Show at Purley Rotary Fields, June 22
- David Lean Cinema: Feet from Stardom, June 23
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival, June 26-29
- David Lean Cinema: The Lunchbox, June 26
- Warnings to the Curious, Spread Eagle Theatre, June 27
- South Norwood Allotments open day, June 28
- Fragile, Spread Eagle Theatre, July 24-26
- CODA’s Midsummer Night’s Dream at Wandle Park, Jul 30-Aug 2
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, Aug 10
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 72,342 average monthly page views (Jan-Mar 2014)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com