The Museum of Croydon is to stage another free family event, The Blitz on Your Street.
The event is suitable for those aged eight and over, and will be staged in the Activities Space (next to Riesco Gallery) on Saturday March 14, from 11am to 1pm and from 2pm to 4pm.
How did the Blitz and the bombing raids of World War 2 affect where you lived?
Was your house bombed?
During this drop-in session our volunteers will be on hand to help you research the impact of the bombing raids near you. You can use the resources in the Research Room, including bomb maps, photographs of air raid damage, and the Borough Engineer Reports to find out about the building or street of your choice.
We also have a collection of memories of Croydon during the war, in addition to a variety of original documents, photographs and objects that can be handled and explored.
- Museum of Croydon free event: Victorian Lives, Feb 14
- Guided tours of the Museum of Croydon, Feb 19 and Mar 19
- Please book a place in advance as spaces are limited at email@example.com or 020 8253 1022
- You can find out about the Museum of Croydon’s busy programme of temporary exhibitions, adult events and family events on the What’s On page at www.museumofcroydon.com
- Inside Croydon Events: for dates and links to what’s happening in and around Croydon, updated daily, click here
Inside Croydon: Named among best regional media campaigns, 2014.
- Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 729,297 page views in 2014.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org