The next meeting of the East Croydon Community Organisation is next Tuesday, March 3, from 8pm to 9.30pm at Oval Primary school, 98, Cherry Orchard Road, CR0 6BA.
- Find out how the council can help you spring clean your street.
- Discover how easy it is to hold a street party.
- Suggest how to use a temporary community space on Cherry Orchard Road in case developers Redrow and Menta decide to contribute to our community.
Reflecting the ECCO spirit the topics on the agenda range from the fun to the serious.
ECCO is a voluntary organisation that represents and promotes the interest and well-being of residents and organisations (voluntary, statutory and business) in the area
bounded by Lower Addiscombe Road, Tunstall Road, Addiscombe Road, East Croydon to
London railway lines.
So far, about 100 local people have come to our meetings, most of them residents. We would like more organisations to get involved, so that we can get a more rounded view of the issues and possible solutions in our area. There are about 200 organisations in the ECCO area and about 1,800 households. In a few years’ time, we will be joined by nearly 800 new households in the developments along Cherry Orchard Road. It will benefit all of us if our new neighbours use our businesses and facilities and not just those in central Croydon.
It is free to join. All we need is your email address, the name of your business and a contact name, so that we can keep you informed of local developments. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And do come to our next public meeting if you can.
- Inside Croydon Events: for dates and links to what’s happening in and around Croydon, updated daily, click here
Inside Croydon: Named among best regional media campaigns, 2014.
- Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 729,297 page views in 2014.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com