The organisers of this year’s Crystal Palace Overground Festival have announced their programme for the five-day fiesta of live music, dance, film, arts, comedy and history, which runs from June 24 to June 28.
Nine-tenths of the events at the 2015 festival will be free, thanks to some fantastic fund-raising efforts over recent months, generous local sponsors, and the backing of the Big Lottery Fund and the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The free festival remains free also because of the efforts of hundreds of local volunteers who help with the staging in the weeks leading up to the event and in the week itself.
Highlights of the 2015 Crystal Palace Overground Festival include:
- The return of The Electric Palace open air cinema on Thursday June 25
- Metamono, Alex Paterson of the Orb and guests at Anerley Town Hall on Friday June 26
- The Westow Park event on June 27 features the best in live music, kids zone, lifestyle and community activities, food and drink
- Dress your best and shake a tail feather for Vintage up the Palace on June 28.
The full programme is online now at crystalpalacefestival.org
The organisers are still seeking vounteers to assist during the festival with as little as four hours’ commitment to help keep the event safe for all and keep it all running smoothly. Roles include stewarding, handing out programmes, setting up parts of the festival, and fund-raising. “We will provide a full briefing before and at the festival for you and we also have a great post-festival celebration for all our volunteers,” the organisers say.
Find out more and register here crystalpalacefestival.org/volunteer
- Inside Croydon Events: for dates and links to what’s happening in and around Croydon, updated daily, click here
Inside Croydon: Named among best regional media campaigns, 2014.
- Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 729,297 page views in 2014.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org