Beginning this Thursday, August 6, Lenses of Croydon will be hosting the Croydon Photography Forum each month, with tomorrow’s first session featuring a talk from an internationally regarded professional photographer.
The aim of the forum is to provide local photography enthusiasts with an opportunity to meet with an experienced professional photographer who will share of their expertise.
CPF will also serve as another opportunity for Croydon creatives and our neighbouring friends to network in a relaxed environment.
For the launch event, Gary John Norman is the special guest speaker.
Norman is an award-winning people and lifestyle photographer who is represented by Getty Images, his photographs can be found in publications throughout the world and his distinct imagery is favoured among yacht manufacturers and exclusive lifestyle magazines. Norman is not one who is afraid to think outside of the box and much of his income today is generated through the generation of rights-managed stock images.
This week Norman will be sharing his vast experience as a professional photographer in the ever-changing field of commercial photography, while providing us with some insight into what goes into setting up one of his elaborate shoots to how he markets his work today through the use of various platforms.
There will be an opportunity for members of the audience to ask questions and we will conclude the event with a little networking.
- The event takes place at the CVA Resource Centre, London Road, CR0 2TB from 6.45pm
- To book your place at this event, please sign-up by clicking here
- Inside Croydon Events: for dates and links to what’s happening in and around Croydon, updated daily, click here
Inside Croydon: Named among best regional media campaigns, 2014.
- Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 729,297 page views in 2014.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com