Hear Crystal Palace defender Damien Delaney reveal his middle name, the identity of the Leicester City player who owns a tattoo parlour and his attitude towards the club’s medical and fitness testing.
Delaney is subjected to some more gentle probing, not of the medical sort, in a good-natured football chat in the Hanging Up The Boots Podcast with former players Sam Parkin, Rhys Weston and Danny Gabbidon.
Delaney, 34, has been an integral part of the Eagles defence this season, and seems likely to have a crucial part to play in the FA Cup final in a fortnight.
Listen here to the quartet discussing…
- How Leicester City’s approach offers lessons for other clubs
- What it’s like to be forced to train after celebrating
- How he went to Hull and back
- Seeing Iain Dowie getting sacked during training
- Football’s appliance of science
- How he signed for Palace
- Life under Alan Pardew
- And lots more…
[Apologies to Apple users – the audio is available in Flash format and therefore not compatible with your iPhone or iPad]
- Still Croydon’s only independent news source, and based in the heart of the borough: 1.97 million page views 2013-2015
- Inside Croydon: Named among best regional media campaigns, 2014
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com