The next NHS Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group Patient and Public Involvement Forum on Wednesday July 6.
The Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Forum is an opportunity for NHS Croydon CCG to share ideas with the public and learn from residents’ knowledge and experiences of local health and care services. “This learning helps us to shape the healthcare services we buy to meet the needs of our local residents,” the organisers say.
“To help us do this we want to encourage open discussion with you through our next PPI Forum on Wednesday July 6 from 6pm to 8.30pm. This will be an open space meeting focusing on Together for Health.”
The Together for Health programme is about ensuring that residents and patients are supported and empowered to take charge their own health, stay healthy and reduce the risk of disease in the future and is based on the principles that:
• Prevention is better than cure
• When someone does become ill they are better able to make decisions and lifestyle changes that control the negative effects of their condition and improve their wellbeing
• When a person does need treatment they are seen in the right place at the right time
• There is shared decision-making between patients and health professionals.
Venue: Community Rooms, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, Surrey CR0 1EA
- Still Croydon’s only independent news source, and based in the heart of the borough: 1.97 million page views 2013-2015
- Inside Croydon: Named among best regional media campaigns, 2014
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org