Roni Marsh, the head of the debt team at South West London Law Centres, which has its head office in Davis House in the town centre, has been shortlisted for a Money Adviser of the Year at the Money Advice Awards 2017.
Marsh credits the support of her hard-working team for this achievement.
SWLLC’s debt team offers free and confidential advice to vulnerable members of the community about financial management.
As well as general debt advice, caseworker Andrew Martin submits applications to the Thames Water Trust Fund for Thames Water customers who find themselves in arrears on their account. Successful applications result in cleared arrears and white goods for the household. He also provides outreach into the community in the form of Financial Capability Workshops hosted by other community agencies in Croydon.
With demand for advice at Citizens’ Advice Bureaux on the increase, the SWLLC’s service can provide many Croydon residents with swift access to free expert help.
Among the help and advice provided by the SWLLC debt team, they speak to clients to help them:
- Consider your finances and work our which of your debts are a priority
- Manage money for the future
- Manage your utility and council tax bills
- Check to ensure you are getting all your discounts and entitlements
- Advise on options such as bankruptcy and assist you through the process
SWLLC can be phoned on 020 8767 2777. Use Option 1 to speak to an adviser.
There is also offer a weekly evening drop-in service at our office in Croydon each Thursday from 5pm to 8pm for face to face advice.
- Inside Croydon is Croydon’s only independent news source, still based in the heart of the borough. In 2016, we averaged 17,000 page views every week
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com