Turtle Bay, the Caribbean bar and restaurant on Croydon High Street, has created its own reggae CD – Turtle Tracks – which will be released tomorrow, International Reggae Day.
The album represents a diverse mix of modern and more established reggae, and showcases a number of emerging artists yet to be represented by major record labels. These up and coming artists are complemented with tracks by some of the most established voices of reggae to create a stellar celebration of the genre.
The album features 15 tracks by artists hailing from all over the UK, Europe and the Caribbean.
The CD has been produced independently by Turtle Bay, and will be available at Turtle Bay in Croydon and across the country, price £8. Turtle Bay’s Fran Laycock said: “Music is at the heart of the experience at Turtle Bay. We want to feed the souls of our guests and let them take a little bit of our experience home with them.
“We have 37 restaurants around the country, and have collaborated with independent artists and DJs as part of that journey.
“We want to showcase their work and support the incredible talent that exists here within the modern reggae scene.
“The final mix of artists and tracks that we have curated represents the future of reggae as well as some of its original voices.”
• Richie Phoe – Bumpy’s Lament
• Hollie Cook – 99
• Gardna ft Parly B – Big Bad Sound
• Cate Ferriss – Blaze Bright
• Fatlion Hifi – Pay Your Way
• Brother Culture & Manasseh – Sound Killer
• Chainska Brassika ft Tippa Irie – Just Love
• Vin Gordon & the Real Rock Band – Minor Vendor
• Resonators – Sweet Love Affair
• Dreadsquad & Lady Chann – Money Ah Dem God
• Earl 16 & Manasseh – Zion City
• Chainska Brassika – Summer Dubbin
• Gardna & Leo Samson – The Flavour
• Leo Samson & Shumba Youth – Turn It On
• Nick Manasseh – Zion Dubbing
- Inside Croydon is Croydon’s only independent news source, still based in the heart of the borough. In April-May 2017, we averaged 32,000 page views every week
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com