Operation Black Vote and Croydon Council are inviting applications for the Gee Bernard Civic Leadership Programme.
This is designed to encourage people from black and minority ethnic communities to get more involved in civic and political leadership.
You will have the opportunity to observe areas of public life including:
- School Governor
- Safer Neighbourhood Panel
- Board of Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
- Charity or NGO Board Trustee
If you are over 18, from a black or minority ethnic background, and are interested in the opportunity to become a future civic leader of Croydon, please call OBV at 020 8983 5430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found online at www.obv.org.uk.
Application deadline is 4pm on Monday October 30.
The programme is dedicated to the memory of Gee Bernard, Croydon’s first black councillor, who died in 2016.
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com