Inside Croydon is delighted to offer its readers the chance to win an all-expenses-paid meal for two at Turtle Bay Caribbean-themed restaurant on Croydon High Street.
Opened just over a year ago, Turtle Bay has quickly established a reputation for serving the finest Caribbean-style food and delicious cocktails, all served up in a relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere.
And now Inside Croydon supporters have the chance to try Turtle Bay’s first ever Christmas menu, which becomes available at the restaurant from November 13.
Christmas 2017 is going to be all about rum, reggae and jerk at Turtle Bay, with no turkeys in sight.
As the festive season gears up, Turtle Bay is offering the ultimate, alternative festive vibe – featuring dishes inspired by the island life and Caribbean sunshine.
The Caribbean Christmas collection offers a range of laid-back eating options based on Turtle Bay’s beautiful soul food and famous cocktails.
The Festive Platters menu is Turtle Bay’s answer to a chilled out, social Christmas eating experience – all for just £9 per head. Platters are Turtle Bay’s most popular dishes, served with a range of delicious sides. Perfect together with any of Turtle Bay’s legendary rum cocktails or with a cooler of Caribbean craft beers, bubbles or wine. The new drinks packages mean that all this can be pre-ordered, and be waiting on the table as guests arrive.
The Festive Lunch menu is a three-course Caribbean bonanza for just £15 per head. Guests can go all out Caribbean with Crispy Okra, Jamaican Browned Chicken and Caymanas Upside Down Cake, or dial down the spice a little with Garlic Flatbread, the famous Turtle Bay Street Burger and Dark Chocolate Brownies.
The All-Day Christmas Menu with four courses for £24 per head is for those who want to go all out “tropical-festive”. This island-inspired festive experience starts with a range of sharing dishes for the group to graze on, followed by a succulent Caribbean banquet of three courses including Turtle Bay’s famous jerk chicken.
All festivities are better with reggae and the whole experience will be served up to the party sound of the Caribbean…
So festive revellers are invited to simply turn up, dig in and chill out at the Caribbean Social, for the alternative Christmas celebration of the year.
What you can win
- On offer in our exclusive competition is lunch or dinner at Turtle Bay for two people from the Christmas menu.
- The prize includes a drink per person.
- There is no cash alternative. The prize can only be redeemed at Turtle Bay Croydon.
- Prize must be pre-booked with Siobhan Hanley Communications.
Just like Turtle Bay’s Festive Lunch, this competition has three courses.
All you need to do is answer correctly the following three questions:
1, What is the biggest island in the Caribbean?
2, In what year did Jamaica get its independence? and
3, From which Caribbean island did the cricketer Sir Viv Richards come from?
How to enter
This competition is open exclusively to Inside Croydon’s loyal subscribers.
This is the first benefit to be made available to those who have signed up to support this website with a monthly contribution which costs less than the price of an over-priced coffee.
Subscribers wishing to enter should send an email with their three answers, plus their name and daytime contact phone number, to email@example.com, with the words “Turtle Bay competition” in the subject field.
The deadline for entries is 5pm on Friday, November 10, when a draw will be held of all the correct entries. The winner will be announced on this website and contacted by representatives of Turtle Bay to arrange their prize.
The Editor’s decision is final.
- BECOME AN iC SUPPORTER: For the cost of one over-priced coffee each month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org