Thornton Heath is to get its own, Jamaican-inspired restaurant when YahSo opens on Whitehorse Road this Friday.
The business is the concept of Jamaican-born restaurateur, Andrew Dell, and Londoner Yvonne Clarke.
The eclectic menu in a vibrant venue promise to provide a dining experience like no other, with appetising food for diners while enjoying authentic music and entertainment, and promising “more than the generic”, as it tries to cater for vegetarians.
“In Jamaica the customer service is warm and welcoming, the food is delicious and the atmosphere is so lively that you will never want to leave,” Dell said.
“When customers visit YahSo the feeling will be no different. Our restaurant will open the doors to a whole new London-based, Caribbean dining experience.”
YahSo’s opening hours will be noon to 2am from Friday, December 1, at 442 Whitehorse Road, CR7 8SB, offering lunches, evening meals, themed nights and private hires.
The restaurant’s menu ranges from freshly grilled fish and spicy jerk steak, chicken or lamb to innovative vegetarian dishes such as jerk tofu.
To accompany its exciting food, YahSo promises exotic cocktails and homemade desserts.
“When deciding on the menu we knew we wanted to remain authentic but we also wanted to be as inclusive as possible,” Clarke said.
“Many Jamaican and Caribbean restaurants or food outlets offer very little for vegetarian diners and resort to generic and expected dessert dishes.
“At YahSo there is something for everyone.”
- BECOME AN iC SUPPORTER: For the cost of one over-priced coffee each month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com