That’s it from us for a few days.
It’s not that we don’t have loads more material to inflict upon our loyal reader. We just realise that you’ll not be bothering to log-on over the Yule log.
We’d like to thank our loyal reader for their massive support over the last 12 months.
Our loyal reader, and Tony Newman and Mario Creatura, have between them viewed this website more than 1.3million times in the past 12 months – the sort of browser history that even Damian Green could not explain away.
That’s nearly double the number of page views in 2016, and that, at the time, was a year of record-busting traffic for Inside Croydon. And all those pages have been seen by nearly 500,000 unique visitors – so maybe, loyal reader, you are not alone…
Thank you for all the reads, but also for the comments, and especially the emails, articles, commentaries, tip-offs and documents that you have sent through to us which have all contributed to making this a vibrant, much-read and much-noticed website.
Being picked up by or quoted by BBC London News, the Evening Standard,Morning Star and Private Eye in the last few months demonstrates how Inside Croydon is giving voice to residents and businesses in the borough.
Please keep the emails, direct messages and Tweets (@InsideCroydon) coming.
And don’t forget, in the season of… ahem… giving, that you now have an opportunity to make a modest monthly subscription to keep Inside Croydon going.
We’ll be back after Boxing Day with more tales of life from living on the fringes of London.
Have a terrific Christmas.
Here’s wishing you all a healthy and prosperous 2018
- BECOME AN INSIDE CROYDON SUPPORTER: For the cost of one over-priced coffee each month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon Events: for the most comprehensive community events listings, updated daily
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope you and your massive team of Journos have a restful christmas and a not too boozy new year, as you have a very useful web site to work on all next year. Keep Going – OBN for me please – Peter