Women who sign up to enter this year’s Race For Life in Lloyd Park, perhaps as they kick-start their year with a fitness drive, are this month being offered 30 per cent off their entry fee for the event, which part of one of the country’s most successful charity fund-raisers.
The 2018 Croydon Race For Life, with runs of 5km and 10km, is being staged on Sunday, July 8.
The discounted entry scheme for January applies to all Race For Life events, including Pretty Muddy, Pretty Muddy Kids, Half-marathons and Hikes.
There are 5km and 10km runs in Crystal Palace Park on June 10, and a South Downs Way Hike of 26 miles on September 1, among more than 400 events across the country during 2018.
By signing up to Race For Life, women in Croydon will make a real difference in the fight against cancer. Money raised will help Cancer Research UK scientists find new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat the disease, helping save more lives.
Every day, 90 people are diagnosed with cancer in London.
Tom Dawson, Cancer Research UK’s Lloyd Park event manager, said: “January is the perfect time for women in Croydon to commit to getting a little more active in 2018 by signing up for Race For Life and taking on a new fitness challenge.
“For those who need some extra encouragement to get moving, Race For Life offers the ultimate motivation. That’s because by taking part and raising money, participants will be helping to fund vital cancer research. It’s time to mark the New Year and make a resolution to remember. Local women can unite against a disease that affects us all in some way.
“Taking part in Race For Life is a hugely moving experience. It’s a special opportunity for people to come together to remember loved ones lost to cancer or celebrate the lives of those dear to them who have survived.”
Cancer survival in the UK has doubled since the early 1970s and Cancer Research UK’s work has been at the heart of that progress.
Cancer Research UK’s Race For Life, in partnership with Tesco, is a women-only series of events which last year raise millions of pounds every year to help beat cancer sooner by funding crucial research. Last year, the charity was able to spend £129million in London on some of the UK’s leading scientific and clinical research – helping more men, women and children survive.
To enter Race for Life today visit raceforlife.org or call 0300 123 0770.
- For less than the cost of one over-priced coffee each month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon, and get a range of benefits and exclusive offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org