The London Mozart Players is staging a concert featuring Nicola Benedetti this Sunday, January 7, at its new home at St John the Evangelist in Upper Norwood.
The acclaimed Scottish-born virtuoso will perform Beethoven’s Violin Concerto in D, conducted by Leonard Elschenbroich – the world-class cellist now embarking on a conducting career. They will also perform Beethoven’s Coriolan Overture.
Various local schools and community youth groups have been provided with free tickets for this invitation-only concert.
“I really hope that we get lots of people attending who have never been to a classical concert and we can help them to discover the joys of Beethoven,” Benedetti said.
- For less than the cost of one over-priced coffee each month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon, and get a range of benefits and exclusive offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org