Studio Upstairs, on Park Street, has been running a Creative Carers group, funded by Croydon Council’s Community Fund and led by qualified professionals.
The two-hour arts sessions gave carers the space and time to invest in their well-being and widen their support network.
To celebrate their achievements, Studio Upstairs is holding a special exhibition, open to the public, this Saturday, January 13, from 1pm to 3pm, showcasing artwork produced by the Creative Carers over a 12-week period.
“This is a great opportunity to learn more about what we do, enjoy some art and socialise in the local community,” the organisers say.
“It is also a chance for carers to come along and see if they would like to involved in the next group.”
- For less than the cost of one over-priced coffee each month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon, and get a range of benefits and exclusive offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org