The Croydon Assembly is meeting at Ruskin House on February 24 for a day’s debate and discussion entitled “Save Our Schools – Stop Education Cuts”.
Work by the National Education Union and local Labour MP Sarah Jones has shown that “cruel and unfair” budget cuts imposed on Croydon schools over the next two years will see dozens of teaching posts cut, with the resulting impact on education standards in our schools, some of which are already struggling.
Organised by the NEU and the Croydon Trades Union Council, the Croydon Assembly opens for registration from 11.30am, and will include the launch of the People’s Manifesto for Croydon Council elections.
Speakers include Professor Ken Jones, the author of Education in Britain: 1944 to the present.
For more information, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- BECOME AN INSIDE CROYDON SUPPORTER: For the cost of one over-priced coffee each month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com