Retrace some of the route of the terrifying bombing raid of October 13-14 1915 with Ian Walker, the chair of the Historic Croydon Airport Trust, with a guided Attack of the Zeppelins walk this Wednesday, March 28.
Find out about the impact of this raid on the people on the ground and the public call for improved air defences, leading to the establishment of Croydon and Beddington aerodrome.
The walk, which lasts around an hour and a half, starts from the corner of Edridge Road at 6pm, finishing at Stretton Rd.
Please come dressed in appropriate shoes and be prepared for all weathers.
- BECOME AN INSIDE CROYDON SUPPORTER: For just £4 per month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org