A leader with the Guides in Sanderstead has just been presented with her gold Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and Queen’s Guide Award, after completing challenges which included working at a cat rescue in south London, a four-day hike through the Peak District, and a week’s work at a cheetah reintroduction centre in South Africa.
Robyn Smith is a leader with the 7/9 Sanderstead Guides. She was presented with her awards by Sue Thomas, Girlguiding’s Croydon county commissioner.
Smith spent more than a year undertaking the various challenges for her awards. She will get the opportunity to attend a national presentation for both her gold DofE and her Queen’s Guide later this year.
- BECOME AN INSIDE CROYDON SUPPORTER: For just £4 per month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com