The Selsdon Afternoon Townswomen’s Guild presented London Air Ambulance with a cheque for £750 that had been raised by members during 2017.
The Selsdon guild meets every third Friday of the month.
For the charity presentation, one of the Air Ambulance doctors, John Chattergee, came to talk to members about his work and provided insights into how it all functions.
The guild has a speaker at most meetings, with a varied programme.
The next meeting is Friday May 18, when there will be a plant stall (members’ donations), with a talk about the Whitgift Foundation.
Other talks planned during the year include The Surrey Lieutenancy, Prinny Royal Scandals, You the Jury and My Mother was a Suffragette.
The guild has a theatre visit planned for next month and a trip to Chichester in June.
It meets at St John’s Church Hall, Upper Selsdon Road, Selsdon, South Croydon, CR2 8DD.
For more information about the Selsdon guild, click here or contact Yvonne Smith 01737 553200 or Maureen Stagg 020 8651 2336 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- BECOME AN INSIDE CROYDON SUPPORTER: For just £4 per month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com