With one month to go until the start of the 2018 Crystal Palace Festival, the organisers have announced the acts for their free event in the park, plus some new venues this year for the week-long celebration of local culture.
The festival climax on June 16 in Crystal Palace Park – where nearly 30,000 people attended last summer – will see headline acts Stereo MC’s, Strong Asian Mothers, Rodney P & Skitz, Fowokan, Polarbear and Croydon SDA Gospel Choir. Plus, the organisers say, “much, much more”.
New for 2018, there will be the Village Green with a Bandstand, Dog Show, charity and community stalls, the Farmers’ Market and Craft beer bar and a dance tent headlined by Metamono to indulge lovers of electronic music.
The festival will also take place all around the Crystal Palace area on from June 11, with a programme of guest events organised by the local community. These include the Attic Arts Club all week upstairs at the Upper Norwood Library, open air cinema at Coopers Yard showing Birdman, literary events at Bookseller Crow, children’s concerts and a show at St John the Evangelist Church by the London Mozart Players.
The full programme is available now on the festival website at crystalpalacefestival.org.
- BECOME AN INSIDE CROYDON SUPPORTER: For just £4 per month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org